By Luis Perez-Gonzalez
Audiovisual translation is the quickest growing to be strand inside translation studies.
This publication addresses the necessity for extra powerful theoretical frameworks to enquire rising textual content- kinds, handle new methodological demanding situations (including the compilation, research and replica of audiovisual data), and comprehend new discourse groups sure jointly through the construction and intake of audiovisual texts.
In this transparent, consumer- pleasant booklet, Luis Pérez-González introduces and explores the sphere, featuring and critiquing key ideas, learn types and methodological approaches.
• introductory overviews before everything of every bankruptcy, outlining goals and appropriate connections with different chapters
• breakout bins showcasing key options, learn case reports or different correct hyperlinks to the broader box of translation studies
• examples of audiovisual texts in quite a number languages with again translation aid whilst required
• summaries reinforcing key concerns handled in every one chapter
• stick with- up questions for extra study
• core references and recommendations for additional reading.
• additional on-line assets on an intensive spouse website
This can be a vital textual content for all scholars learning audiovisual or monitor translation at postgraduate or complicated undergraduate point and key analyzing for all researchers operating within the area.
Read Online or Download Audiovisual Translation: Theories, Methods and Issues PDF
Similar translating books
Audiovisual translation is the quickest starting to be strand inside of translation experiences. This ebook addresses the necessity for extra powerful theoretical frameworks to enquire rising textual content- varieties, deal with new methodological demanding situations (including the compilation, research and copy of audiovisual data), and comprehend new discourse groups certain jointly by means of the creation and intake of audiovisual texts.
Considering Italian Translation is an quintessential direction for college students who are looking to advance their Italian to English translation talents. This re-creation includes:up-to-date examples and new resource texts from numerous genres, from journalistic to technical. a new part on professionalism and the interpretation marketplace The direction is useful, addressing key matters for translators similar to cultural adjustments, style, and revision and enhancing.
This e-book offers a map of the applying of reminiscence reviews ideas to the research of translation. a number of varieties of reminiscence from own reminiscence and digital reminiscence to nationwide and transnational reminiscence are mentioned, and hyperlinks with translation are illustrated by means of distinctive case stories.
Singularly enthusiastic about his all-consuming ardour for Anna, the article of his adolescent wish, the photographer Christophe Langelier is beside himself. Ten years in the past, he failed the try out of consuming a bicycle for her as facts of his love and devotion. in view that then, he has created a photographic catalogue of his in simple terms version, whole with a word list, an Anna-lexique,” during which the darkness and the sunshine of her idealized being have shaded his language, at the same time her ubiquitous snapshot has crowded out his personal identification.
- Chicanas und Chicanos in den USA: Gesellschaftliche Realität, Sprache und Übersetzbarkeit (German Edition)
- Shakespeare, Italy, and Transnational Exchange: Early Modern to Present (Routledge Studies in Shakespeare)
- Stationen der Dolmetschwissenschaft (German Edition)
- New Trends in Audiovisual Translation
- Teaching and Learning (Im)Politeness (Trends in Applied Linguistics [TAL])
- Motherless Tongues: The Insurgency of Language amid Wars of Translation
Additional resources for Audiovisual Translation: Theories, Methods and Issues
Audiovisual Translation: Theories, Methods and Issues by Luis Perez-Gonzalez